Wednesday, May 11, 2005

a few cool quotes

i just read MacArthur's little book 'Follow Me'. I got it for free, so i gave it a quick read and he did a good job with mini biogrophies about each disciple and how they weren't the popular pick to follow Jesus and what was their hang up. He also mixed in a few cool quotes that we shouldn't forget about:

"Unless I am convicted by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other- my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise. God help me. Amen."
-Martin Luther

"I am not what I ought to be.
I am not what I wish to be.
I am not even what I hope to be.
But by the cross of Christ,
I am not what I was."
- John Newton

"The real measure of our wealth is how much we would be worth if we lost all our money."
- J.H. Jowett

3 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Great quotes- I also check out that trailer for Core week- pretty professional. Why aren't you the cowboy?

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Tim Costine said...

well, because i'm gonna be 'gone' for a little while i couldn't do it, that and they didn't ask me.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

You'll have to get rid of the links for Lindsey and Matt. They've closed their blogs, since it was all Matt's writing and he's not going to keep it up. I will miss reading them! But we still have Beth's and Cheryl's (and yours). They took lots of pics at Sheep & Wool to post on their sites, so you should see some amusing things coming up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home