Tuesday, July 19, 2005

An Amazing Couple of Weeks

What God has been doing in the last couple of weeks has just been really cool. We kicked it off with our summer camp which went so well. Kids lives were changed by the ministry of the Word of God. They all had their minds on specific things to change and specific things to do differently.
Then we got back and we had CORE Week. That also went really well. The kids brought out all their friends and we had almost 200 kids on the first night! By friday we had so many kids that weren't just kids from other churches, but kids who were hearing the Gospel for the first time. On the last night Leah, Charity, and I were praying in the room next to the youth center throughout the message and apparently great things happened. Two young guys gave their lives to Christ and then Dave asked who was ready to deny themselves and give themselves to God and take up their cross, and pretty much the entire youth center stood up. Now obviously not everyone was standing for the right reasons, but it was still cool to see God working in so many lives at one time.
Now we're doing what we can to keep this going. This week i'll be finishing my devotional i'm making on Ephesians. I'm going to be selling those for a small price to put towards the resource center. Things that we've been talking about doing are getting done and its really exciting to see! We're going to be taking a group of kids to a place called People for People every thursday to help support them. They give out food packages to under priviledged and homeless people. The kids are really excited to help out with that, so that's neat to see. Then we have a huge group leaving in a couple weeks for a mission's trip to Brazil. Unfortunately, I will not be going on that, but i'm excited for those that are!
God has just been doing a lot of things through us here, and I'm excited to see where He's going to take us!

4 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

Be sure to send me a copy of your Ephesian devotional. I'm sure to find a use for it sometime, somewhere. And I'd be glad to make a donation, just let me know the details.

Beth's Bible study is considering using the material I had put together for repetitive reading of an entire book of the Bible. It was really encouraging to hear they want to study a whole book in context. She thinks they will get more out of it, because it will require individual personal study to participate, rather than only the teacher studying.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Tim Costine said...

there have been so many people wanting to get this devotion, that i thought it'd be good to charge a small amount for it and put that money towards the resource center i've been wanting to put together for the kids. that way i wouldn't have to take out of our strapped budget. there's even been talk about sending some back east if the kids there were interested in it. of course i would offer a fair bulk discount with free shipping! and who knows, i might throw a Facedown cd and Noah video in!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger BethsMomToo said...

Are you implying you have an overstock of the Noah tape? What? You're not receiving requests daily? I LOVE that tape. [Maybe I've been around your sense of humor too long. It's an acquired taste.] And I suppose you're going to tell me the Twinky thing wasn't true!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

look Leah is not a women of God, she is not God. and she duped you to trade your soul. Its sad how your worship her. and what about me huh? when I reached out to you because I had nobody to pray with or anything you turned me down and condemed me. talk about betryal. talk about ignoring sombody who really needed your help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home