Monday, July 11, 2005

Back From Camp

Yesterday afternoon we returned from our camp and we just had a blast up there. The teaching times were great and impactful and we're praying that the decisions that were made stick. We had a blast speeding down the Alpine Slide and Water Slide and we got to go on the go-carts and mini golf. For the record, I beat Leah by 13 strokes and that was with stopping at 5 strokes on all the holes. When we were on the go-carts i kept getting yelled at for driving to aggressively. there was this one 7th grade girl i kept trying to pass but she kept swerving when i'd get next to her, which would then get us stuck up against the wall. I kept trying to pass her and she was just swerving. I finally got next to her and she had one hand on the steering wheel and another holding a camera up to her eyes. She would try to take a picture, then lower the camera and try to get the cart straight again.

we went out on the lake and went banana boating, which is a thing where a boat pulls a large inflatable banana looking thing. the kids love it. Then i took a jet ski out for a little over an hour and took the kids around the lake on it. By the end, I was so freezing because none of the kids wanted to be flipped off the jet ski. I just kept flying across the lake, getting sprayed by water and freezing in the wind. At the end of the time i was on it, i hadn't stretched my legs and they were practically frozen stiff. i couldn't step off the jetski, instead had to roll off onto the dock and lay there for a little bit and try to bend my legs. but the kids had a really good time, and that's whats important.

The teaching times were such a blessing. the kids really responded to the word being preached and came up with specific ways to change their lives. They loved the worship times and the small group times. God was just so good. And Ian and Matt would be interested to know that I did the military skit (minus the classic shin guard guns) they had done at snow camp years ago. The kids really got it and it was just a great illustration to what I was talking about.

we'll have pictures on the website soon, so you can go check that out!

6 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Ian said...

"And Ian and Matt would be interested to know that I did the military skit (minus the classic shin guard guns) they had done at snow camp years ago. "

Wow... You remember that!? I barely remember that; it had to be 8 years ago. And the shin guard gun, well...you do what you have to when you're in a bind! Still can't believe you remember the skit though....Thanks for paying attention! : )

Shoot! Move! Communicate!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Tim Costine said...

exactly. I actually recorded it with my video camera and watched it again so i could see if Leah was in it and I came across your skit and remembered how good it was.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim-

I'm with Ian on this- can't believe you rememberd that. I gotta tell you, it really warms my heart to see you working with the youth. Praise the Lord. And if any of them happen to give you a hard time, that makes me feel even better ;)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Tim Costine said...

i like to think i was one of the 'good kids'. thanks.

oh, and by the way, Leah wants me to add that she beat me 7-6 at air hockey.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Tim Costine said...

oh, and check out the new link to the side! my church has added downloadable sermons on MP3 files. Pastor Balentine is going through Job and the first message is really good. Also, we're doing a 'Skeptic's Cafe' for the adults during our 'CORE Week' (vbs on steroids if you will). Its an opportunity for skeptics to come and hear answers to some of the tough questions. Last night was a thing on the problem of evil. I believe that message is going to be on the website soon.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer Camp was TOTLLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


-Tim
Did you know that Caleb got braces?!?!?!?!?! He says he looks wierd, but Mom and I think that the braces make him look older.

Side note-
The braces make his lips puffy!!!!!! =b

 

Post a Comment

<< Home